Table of Contents
ELA Annual General Meeting and Convention
The Annual Conference is held every fall, usually in a Toronto Public Library branch. Morning and afternoon programs feature speakers on important topics. Each year's program details will be posted as they become available.
ELA Board and Committees
Board and committee members are responsible for planning and managing activities to achieve the goals of the association. Because they share those association goals, other members may, with advance notice, attend or contribute to board meetings.
ELA Tours and Speakers
ELA Cooperation with Other Organizations
- ELA cooperates with other organizations on matters of mutual interest, such as the Canadian Federation of Library Associations;
- ELA sponsors the bi-annual W. Kaye Lamb Award for service to seniors with CFLA.
- ELA hosts a page with information and links to Canadian awards for librarians and libraries.
- ELA organizes sessions at provincial library associations, such as OLA, and attends various other annual conference showcases.
ELAN and ELA Publishing Activities
ELA Historical Activities.
- A major goal of ELA is to support historical research related to the history of libraries, archives, publishing houses and their workers such as –
- publishing a special issue of ELAN devoted to the history of library education in Canada
- compiling chronologies to supplement that history
- publishing a wide variety of articles of historical interest in ELAN;
- sponsoring 'The Morton Years',
- maintaining ELA archives;
- and at present ELA is engaged in the developing of a biographical database of people, a significant part of whose lives were spent in libraries, archives, publishing and related information fields
ELA Collaborative Activities
- The ELA Web site is the work of ELA members.
- ELA is also has aFacebook page especially for the needs of particular members who like to communicate what they are doing and thinking.
- ELA gathers information on contemporary issues from other library organizations in Canada to produce helpful linkages on a broad range of matters