Chronologies of institutions/programs in Library and Information Studies education in Canada 1904–2004
The Summer 2004 issue of ELAN was devoted to the history of library and information studies education in Canada from 1904 to 2004. To complement the articles in ELAN, chronologies have been compiled for each institution, summarizing the major events that have taken place over the years as well as listing the names of the deans, directors or chairpersons who have served. It is intended to keep these chronologies updated and appropriate additions are welcomed. For reasons of space, these chronologies and other summary data appear, not in the published volume, but on this ELA Web site. Ex Libris acknowledges the contribution of the compilers.
The compilers are as follows:
- University of Alberta: John Wright.
- University of British Columbia: Lois Bewley.
- Dalhousie University : Norman Horrocks.
- McGill University: Peter McNally.
- Université de Montréal : Marcel Lajeunesse.
- University of Toronto: Brian Land.
- University of Western Ontario : Janette White.
- Library Technicians: Jean Weihs.
- Alberta : Grant MacEwan College, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- British Columbia : Langara College, University College of Fraser Valley Manitoba: Red River Community College
- Manitoba : Red River Community College
- Nova Scotia : Nova Scotia Community College
- Ontario : Algonquin College, Cambrian College, La Cite Collegiale, Fanshawe College, Georgian College, Lakehead University, Mohawk College, Niagara College, Ryerson Polytechnical Institute, St. Clair College, Seneca College, Sheridan College
- Quebec : Cegep de Jonquiere, Cegep de l'Abitibi-Temiscamingue, Cegep de l'Outaouais, Cegep de Maisonneuve, Cegep de Trois Rivieres, Cegep Francois- Xavier-Garneau, Cgep Lionel-Groulx, Champlain Regional College, Concordia University, John Abbott College
- Saskatchewan : Saskatchewan Institute Of Applied Science and Technology
Brian Land,Chair, Library Education Anniversary Committee, Ex Libris Association.